Welcome to Benjamin Eye Institute, where we prioritize our patients and their unique eye care needs. If you've scheduled your initial appointment with us, here's a step-by-step guide on what you can anticipate.
- Confirmation Email: Once you've secured your appointment, you'll receive a confirmation email outlining the date, time, and any necessary preparations.
- Efficient Pre-registration: You'll receive a link to our web page or PM/EHR app where you can create an account and complete the registration process. This can be done via phone, tablet, or desktop. Pre-registration is a time-saver and streamlines your visit.
- Take a photo of your ID and insurance cards and upload them to the app.
- We verify insurance benefits before your visit.
- Get informed about any out-of-pocket expenses ahead of time.
- Option to store your credit card details and clear copay beforehand.
- On-the-day Registrations: If you haven't pre-registered, don't worry. Upon arrival, our front desk will provide you an iPad to guide you through the registration process. Assistance is available for those who need it.
Front Desk Welcome:
Every new patient is warmly greeted at our reception. Our dedicated team ensures the transition from entry to consultation is smooth and hassle-free.
We utilize state-of-the-art equipment to gather accurate data. Your pretesting phase will include:
- OPD: A comprehensive tool that incorporates wavefront analyzer and topographer.
- Lipiscan Testing: For an in-depth assessment of meibomian glands and potential dry eye conditions.
- Optos: This device captures wide-field retinal photographs. It's essential for detecting retinal abnormalities.
- Visual Acuity Check: Assessing clarity of your vision.
- Color Vision Test: Administered if your medical history indicates a need.
- Current Eyewear Assessment: If you wear glasses or contact lenses, we'll record their prescription using a lensometer.
- Medical History Update: An essential step to ensure all details are up-to-date.
Note: Our equipment is equipped with work lists that display the roster of scheduled patients for the day. Our unique "EyeCare Cards" help minimize human error and enhance the accuracy of data transfer from machines to medical records.
Meeting Dr. Arthur Benjamin:
After pretesting, you'll be introduced to Dr. Benjamin:
- An interview discussing the chief complaint and medical background.
- A comprehensive eye examination.
- An assessment based on gathered data.
- A discussion about potential treatment options. Here, we use video presentation software that provides animated insights into the eye's anatomy, potential issues, and treatment solutions.
- For your convenience, links to the animated video clips used during your session will be emailed to you. This allows you to revisit the content at your leisure or share it with family.
At Benjamin Eye Institute, we pride ourselves on offering meticulous care every step of the way. Your eyesight is precious, and we're here to ensure it remains at its best.